Monday, April 1, 2013

Crickets and Lamb



I know I promised a bathroom update DAYS ago, but I have learned a few very important things:

  1. In order to showcase a bathroom redo, said bathroom needs to be clean.
  2. In order to photograph a bathroom with walls of mirrors, I need to be clean too.
  3. A day when the above two correspond is next to impossible.

I'm working on it, I promise.  I do, however, have a little DIY stool to show you today.  The master has a little vanity area with a place for a chair.  I have not yet committed to anything to put there yet because I wasn't sure where I was going rug-wise.  And I did not want to spend money on a temporary fix.  Enter this beauty from my husband's bachelor days...




 
 
 
 
 
I know.  In his defense...wait, there is no defense for that.  I'm not even going to apologize for the night photo.  Because I probably did you a favor by now showing you in the light.  Here's a close up:
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I started by using my handy Rub n Buff in Antique Gold on the legs. Knowing that I planned on covering the sides, I stopped right at the top of the legs. 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
I love all of the Mongolian Lamb stools that I have seen and, knowing that I will never actually sit in this stool so I don't have to worry about hair, I ordered a yard of faux Mongolian Lamb fur in ivory here.  After four quick seams, we now have an uber chic stool for our master bathroom.
 
 


 
 
 
 
I'll be back in the next day or two to show you the bathroom.  In the meantime, have you added any Mongolian lamb to your home?

xoxo,
Kimber

No comments:

Post a Comment