I know you want to scroll to the pretty after shots (you probably already have), but let me tell you what all I accomplished during these six weeks.
- Demo'd and removed a closet
- Removed builder grade shelving
- Removed and replaced craptastic brown tile where the closet used to be
- Replaced sheetrock where the closet had been
- Sanded, feathered and worked the shit out of said sheetrock...for what felt like years
- Added board & batten moulding in the laundry room
- Added crown moulding in the laundry room
- Continued the wainscoting from the dining room/office into the hallway that leads to the laundry room
- Scraped and repainted garage entry door
- Caulked all the new moulding and filled all the nail holes
- Painted the new moulding in the hallway & laundry room
- Built a table for folding using hairpin legs and butcher block
- Created a shelf and clothes rack
- Styled & photographed the space
- Had the hallway and laundry room wallpapered
- Replaced the light in the hallway with one I found in my front room and then made pretty
Now that you have read what all has gone into the room, let's take one last look at the before.
That's some ugly shit, right? Not anymore, my friends, not anymore.
Thank you so much for following along during these six weeks. Your constant support was the only thing that kept this tired girl going. No, really. And I'd also like to thank my children who have lived on takeout and tv. Actually, I don't think they minded that too much.
Please be sure to check out the other One Room Challenge Linking Participants and the One Room Challenge Participants.