Friday, November 17, 2017

One Room Challenge - Laundry Room Redo - The Finale

Hello and Welcome to The Finale of the One Room Challenge!  It has been a whirlwind 7 weeks getting my parent's laundry room from post-Katrina-sheetrock-repair-meets-1999-oak-cabinet-overload to the colorful, chic space it is now.  I must say, I am thrilled with how it turned out. 

Before I get to the good stuff, I would like to offer another thanks to Linda from Calling it Home for once again hosting the fantastic One Room Challenge.  Hats off to you, sweet friend.

What reveal is complete without a reminder of just how sad this space was before?








It is hard to believe that in just seven short weeks, we went from that to this:


Meet my sisters, Holly and Chelsea

Shade fabric  |  Art  |  Faucet  |  Wallpaper  |  Paint


Chandelier - vintage

Rug




Garment Rack - DIY
 





























 


 














Pulls


Thank you again to my parents for allowing me to be a little daring in their home and a huge shout out to Amy Holloway of Amy Holloway Photography for the absolutely beautiful photos.  If you are in the Mobile area, she does phenomenal work and I could not recommend her more. 

Please be sure to spend some time visiting the One Room Challenge Featured Designers as well as the Guest Participants.  Thank you for taking the time to share this journey with me!

7 comments:

  1. Now, the bright colors and fabrics (rug + window covering wow) would accomplish the impossible - make me actually happy about doing laundry! This room makes you want to dance while folding and ironing. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this looks beautiful- what a fun and happy place to do such a normally daunting task! love the colors, especially on the cabinetry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty laundry room I love the bright colors! I would be very happy in this space doing laundry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What i don't understood is in reality how you're
    not actually a lot more well-appreciated than you might be
    right now. You're so intelligent. You know thus considerably in the case of this matter, made me
    individually believe it from so many various angles. Its like women and men aren't involved unless
    it's something to accomplish with Lady gaga! Your individual stuffs outstanding.
    At all times handle it up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Oh my goo'ness!" - Shirley Temple :) This is by far my favorite! I love it so much that I kept muttering to myself, wow! Wow! Everything is super pretty, just the way I like it. Words fail me...lol. I love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a happy space! I love the balance of color and the fun mix of pattern. HUGE change from the "before" picture. Great job, absolutely adore it!

    ReplyDelete