Monday, April 9, 2018

Spring 2018 One Room Challenge - Week One

Hello and welcome back to the blog, lovelies!  Since we last chatted, my parents have been loving their laundry room that I redid for the 2017 Fall One Room Challenge(TM).  Whenever company comes over, Daddy takes them over and makes sure to show them the laundry room...it is the cutest thing.  Up until that point Mama wasn't even sure Daddy knew they had a laundry room. :)

Enough reminiscing, let's talk about the new challenge we are taking on for the 2018 Spring ORC(TM).  I am thrilled to be participating in my fifth (!!!) ORC as a Guest Participant.



This time, we will be re-creating my parent's bonus room that is over the garage.  Quite a few years (and trends) ago, Mama created the space as a man cave for Daddy - likely to get him out of her hair.  The room is like a D.U.N.G.E.O.N.  Complete with sponge paint and wall decals.  Good stuff.



If y'all cannot tell, we love us some Alabama and Raiders football.  Although my sister went ahead and married a Broncos fan even though I told her during my maid-of-honor speech, "You marry the man, not the team," but I digress.



Even the dog is sad about this chair.  That I nursed my eldest in - the one that turns 18 in October.  Mama doesn't want to get rid of it because it is comfortable and looks perfectly serviceable.  If I get my way, it can go service somewhere else.



It wouldn't be a ORC without having at least one shot of my daddy in his PJ's.  He has on a hat so I argue, yet again, that it is an outfit.  You may notice carpet in this photo, it has been replaced with bamboo wood floors.


We obviously have our work cut out for us with this one.  There is one double window in the space, and we need to add some light.  We plan on adding some architectural dimension with board and batten on the walls and grasscloth on the ceiling.  We have ordered a new sectional and have some fun fabrics in store to create a wonderful and functional TV room.

Be sure to stop by next week to check on the progress of the walls - and the removal of that hideous recliner.  Thank you again to Linda for hosting the One Room Challenge(TM) for Featured Designers and Guest Participants.  Have a great week!













1 comment:

  1. That is so great that you are doing a space for your parents! That sofa and light fixture are gorgeous-I can't wait to see the final transformation! Best of luck in ORC! Kristin @ Postbox Designs

    ReplyDelete