Friday, April 20, 2018

Spring One Room Challenge - Week Three

Hello and welcome to Week Three of the Spring 2018 One Room Challenge. If you're unfamiliar with the ORC, it is an event spearheaded by Linda from Calling It Home where 20 Featured Designers and hundreds of Guest Participants attempt to completely redo a room in six weeks.  This is my fifth time as a Guest Participant.




For this challenge I am working with my parents to turn their bonus room from a dark and gloomy man-cave into a fun and functional TV room.  This was the original vision I had for the space that I shared during Week One:




While I loved everything about it, I still felt like something was missing.  Do you ever get that sense?  When it happens to me I ALWAYS try to trust my instincts because when I listen, greatness happens.  In this case, greatness happened in the loo.  True story.  I was using a bathroom I previously designed in Mama's house and inspiration struck.


As God as my witness, I will get that fixture changed.  If I have to lie, cheat, steal, or kill, as God as my witness, that ugliness will go away.

Le Lac!  Yes.  That is exactly the something that was missing.  Luckily for me, I have about 6 yards in my stash and know just how we will use it in the space.

Now for the progress this week...Daddy finished adding the board and batten to the walls and Mama got all the nail holes filled and seams caulked.  We will begin painting next week.  I was able to take this old Pottery Barn chair from it's shabby before to this fun after (I am not quite finished...still need to skirt it)






I intended on using a $5 vintage brass table as the TV stand, but when I really got a good look at it, I realized it had seen better days.








After discussing options with Mama, we decided on a fantastic finish that is starting to look stellar.




Of course I couldn't get it done without the help of a few friends.






Thanks again for stopping by.  See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment