Thursday, April 7, 2016

One Room Challenge - Week #1

Well hello there.  Long time, no chat.  For those of you who don't remember me, my name is Kimber and I used to write a semi-witty, semi-fun blog about my adventures in decorating.  I'm back!  Aren't you thrilled?  And not only am I back, I'm also back just in time to join my third round of the One Room Challenge.  You can view my master bedroom makeover here my laundry room makeover here

If you are not familiar with the ORC, it is the brainchild of the ever-chic Linda from Calling it Home.  She challenges you to completely makeover a room in your home in 6 weeks.  This sounds like a lot of time, but let me and the cashier at my local wine retailer tell you, it is not.



For this round, I have chosen to makeover my master bathroom.  As much as I would love to gut this room and start from scratch, that just isn't in the cards right now.  So we will just be putting lipstick on this pig.  Speaking of pigs, I am showing you how my bathroom looks as of today.  Don't judge.  Or judge if you want to, but at least add a "Bless her heart" to it.


The fabulous lighting that I thought was so great way back when...

The glorious bathtub...riveting photo, I know

Just when you thought it couldn't get worse
 
Looking toward the bedroom from the shower

Looking toward the shower and closet from the bedroom

This shower door is the bane of my existence

The vanity...obvs.


We have been back in this house for 3 years now and I have not touched this room.  That is all going to change.  Which brings me to my plan, or as much of a plan as I have been able to come up with.

That's the pretty.  Now let's talk about the elbow grease.
  • Come up with a solid plan
  • Revise solid plan eleventy billion times
  • Paint
  • Replace shower door
  • Replace faucets
  • Antique mirror wall
  • Window treatment
  • Towel hooks/bars
  • Caulk
  • Rug
  • Laundry hamper
  • Lighting
  • Question my sanity
  • Drink mass amounts of coffee...and wine
Wish me luck!  And be sure to come back next week to see what progress we made.  Check out the other ORC folks here.

7 comments:

  1. So fun to see you again! I am looking forward to following once again.❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those mirrors are fabulous! Excited to see the inspiration come to life - It's going to be a completely different space!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! I can't wait to follow along. Good luck!

    xo, Paige

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm always excited to see a good bathroom reno. Your picks are gorgeous. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your mood board is gorgeous, so I would say you are headed for great things! I am also doing our bathroom for the ORC, it's also a "lipstick on a pig" situation! Looking forward to following along.
    Kari

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad your joining Kimber, you always do an amazing job! I just joined in this week too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello and welcome back. Out of all these entries, your colors caught my eye and your fun approach to this makeover makes me want to follow along. Keep having a great time. Susie from The Chelsea Project

    ReplyDelete