Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Spring One Room Challenge - The Reveal

Hello and welcome to the reveal of the 2018 Spring One Room Challenge.  Before I get to the photos, which I know is what you really want to see, I'd like to again say thank you to Linda Weinstein for hosting this awesome event.  

In order to truly understand the dramatic change that took place in this space, I think it is important to know where we started in this journey.  You can read about the previous weeks here - Week One, Week Two, Week Three, Week Four, and Week Five.


 
New Bamboo Flooring from Lumber Liquidators


Black ceiling and trim with a silver "faux finish" which, according to Mama, is definitely NOT sponge paint (she has standards after all) even though it was applied with a sponge many years ago

We wanted to create a bright and airy TV room and I think that we accomplished just that. 




We added a board and batten treatment around the room with grasscloth on the ceiling.  Drapery and pillows were made by me and Mama.  Chairs, stools, and skirted table upholstered by me.


Rug  |  Chair - Pottery Barn - I upholstered in Braemore Jamil


Stools - Vintage & Reupholstered by me  |  Sofa  - Interior Define Maxwell  |  Art - Vintage


Sconces - Vintage  |  Stools - Vintage  |  Console Table - Vintage  & Gold Leafed by Me




Red Pillow - Thibaut Gazelle  |  Green Pillow - Scalamandre Tigre  |  Cream Pillows - Brunschwig & Fils Le Lac




Chair - Vintage Italian Upholstered by Me  |  Giant Clam Shell - At Home  |  Sconce Shades - At Home


Brutalist Seagulls - Vintage  |  Tray - Target (no longer available)


Brass Fish - Vintage  |  The Crimson Tide


Silhouette - Vintage of My Daddy  |  Skirted Table - Built and Upholstered by me in Brunschwig & Fils Le Lac


Champagne Flutes - Waterford






Garden Stool - One Kings Lane - No Longer Available  |  Federal Mirror - Vintage  |  Chair - Vintage Italian upholstered by me  |  Drapery - Mary McDonald for F. Schumacher  Firenze






Cross - Cross Bottle Guy (Similar)  |  Lamps - I believe they are Jamie Young that I sourced forever ago from One Kings Lane.  The finish was really messed up so I gold-leafed them
















My Daddy in the 82nd Airborne  |  Hardware - Emtek


Nesting Tables - Vintage


Red Pot - Home Depot  |  Brass Cranes - Vintage










Press for Champagne



Cheers to a successful One Room Challenge.  Be sure to check out the Featured Designers and the other Guest Participants for a tremendous amount of inspiration. 



10 comments:

  1. Guuuuurl!!!!! YOU. KILLED. IT!!!! This is amazing and I want to hire you to see a million things for ME! Such BEAUTIFUL work!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I am so happy with it. I really think it’s the best room I’ve ever done.

      Delete
  2. I LOVE your traditional chic style. The animal print is killing me💕

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, so many great details. I love it - I'll be scrolling through again to take it all in - from the animal print to the precious sil of your dad!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love how we incorporated so much of our family stuff like his photos and paintings by my great grandmother. It really makes the space that much more special.

      Delete
  4. That is a gorgeous room now--really well done! I wish the curtains could have been in Brunschwig & Fils Le Lac as well, but I'm sure that would have been crazy expensive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I tried to get Mama to let us use her Le Lac panels in her guest bathroom in the room but she loves the Mary McDonald fabric we used. And I agree that it adds a modern element to the room, especially as we incorporated it as trim in a few places. But Le Lac is and always will be a favorite.

      Delete
  5. Colorful and fun! (And good to see your pretty face.) :)

    ReplyDelete