Wednesday, October 23, 2013

One Room Challenge - Week Four


Good Morning and welcome to week four of the One Room ChallengeLinking Party.  If you are new here and are unfamiliar with the ORC, it is the brain-child of blogger extraordinaire Linda of Calling it Home.  Twice a year Linda selects twenty talented bloggers and gives them six weeks to completely make over a room in their homes.  They share it all weekly on their blogs.  This year Linda is also holding a linking party for those of us that want to play at home.  You can see Week One here, Week Two here and Week Three here.  All caught up?

So this week I’d like to talk about art.  If you want to read that as she-has-made-zero-progress-in-her-room-and-is-grasping-at-straws, be my guest.  Art is one of the most difficult things for me to decide on.  Why?  Because my art generally has to fit into three criteria:

1.  I like it to be vintage. 

2.  If it isn’t vintage, it needs to be original, or at least not mass-produced from Target.

3.  It must speak to me. 

Not asking much, right?  Sometimes, I know the perfect piece for a space.  Other times, I am at a complete loss.  Such is the case for the ORC.  I guess I have arters block.  So, I’ve put together a couple of boards to show you what I’m considering.  Don’t get jealous of my mad photoshop skills.

My main problem is this long white wall where my faux bamboo dresser resides.  I have a ton of space on each side, plus the area on top.  It is a looong dresser, so I thought about putting a round mirror above it, flanked by lamps then stacking two framed pieces on each side.  But what to put in the four frames?  Kinda like this.
 
 
Problem is I have loved large art lately.  So moving my dresser down and putting a big statement piece next to it also sounds good.  In a perfect world, I’d enlarge an old picture of my sister and me circa the early 80s and use it.  But I’m having trouble getting it enlarged. 




I have two gorgeous vintage Gracie silver-leafed chinoiserie panels that have perfect colors that can go on either side of the dresser, but then what in the middle?

 
Or should I put them next to one another and move the dresser down?

 
 

It’s definitely keeping me up at night.   What do you think?

Be sure to check out the other ORC Linking participantshere.  And the ORC posse here.

xoxo,

Kimber

17 comments:

  1. You are cracking me up. You forgot the 'hashtag' on the zero-progress-whatever I also know that is not true because I stalk you on Insta. I am jealous of your photshop skills. Seriously, I vote for the chinoiserie panels flanking the dresser. Shocker, I know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unanimous - I say panels too. Gracie? How can you not?! Depending on the size of your mirror, you may not need anything more above. Maybe simple is best. Loving where this is going!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Ladies I have to agree with y'all ! However, I do have an advantage ... I have actually seen the panels, in fact, I have custody of said panels!!!! So my Sweet Kimmy, what is it worth to you. Remember...Mama loves you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Panels! Whatever you decide it will be lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's reassuring to know I'm not the only one being kept up at night by design decisions!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hands down I would do panels and a round mirror!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Did someone say vintage framed Gracie panels?? Here's another vote for panels flanking the dresser! With the mirror in the middle, you are good to go! This is going to look INCREDIBLE!!!

    XOXO,
    The Glam Pad

    ReplyDelete
  8. Panels on either side! Definitely! It's going to be fabulous...I know it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, it looks like we all agree - PANELS! I think it's going to be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. panels flanking. donzo times two! and why am I not in on the Insta stalking parade? what's your IG handle lady?!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Definitely the panels! For me, art is always the hardest part of putting a room together.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lord knows I am going to say panels cause I could not take the pressure to pick something else:) But seriously...the panels.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your photo shop skills. They are making me laugh...in a good way! I am sure whatever you decide will look great.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm on board with flanking panels and round mirror in the middle. Teach me your computer graphics wizardry

    ReplyDelete
  15. Chinoiserie panels, one on each side. Fabulous ROUND sunburst mirror in silver over the dresser. You're welcome.

    ReplyDelete