Hello and welcome! If you are new here, allow me to introduce myself. My name is Kimber and I am a Southern girl that lives in Alabama (Roll Tide!). Last year my world was turned upside down and I was given a big ol' bag of lemons. So I decided to make lemonade. This blog is where I share updates to our home affectionately known as #ProjectLemonade, client work, fabulous finds, and
Why six weeks, you ask? I will be participating each Thursday in the One Room Challenge Linking Party. Unfamiliar with the ORC? Linda, from Calling It Home fame, challenges 20 bloggers to re-do one room in six weeks and report progress each Wednesday. Be sure to check out the line-up this time. It is going to be amazing.
Linda also hosts a party for those of us that want to play along from home on Thursdays. Last ORC I did my bedroom...you can see it here.
This time I decided to tackle my laundry room and hallway. Brace yourselves for some truly horrific before pictures.
|Yes, I started painting my office two days before the start of the ORC. #masochist|
|Garage door with peeling paint...nice|
So here's my plan of attack:
- Rip out the closet in the laundry room because it is truly a waste of space
- Build a long table where I can
- Add wainscoting
- New flooring in the laundry room
- Organize & clean
- Hooks for backpacks & other kid stuff in the hallway
- Ditch the boob light (and throat punch the inventor of them)
- And another eleventy billion other things I'm certainly forgetting (including doing the laundry you see piled up everywhere)
Looks fun, right? And totally do-able in six weeks? Be sure to check out the other linking participants and give them some love. And maybe some wine. Yes, definitely some wine.