Saturday, October 28, 2017

One Room Challenge - Laundry Room Redo - Week Four

Welcome to Week Four of the One Room Challenge.  In case you haven't heard, due to all of the terrible natural disasters of late, Linda has graciously extended the deadline of the ORC by a week.  I am so thankful that she did so, and I am sure others are also.

Week Four is a tough one.  It's really crunch time and you have to start making go or no-go decisions.  Doesn't that sound totally dramatic and earthshattering?  So it goes with the ORC - it can be all-consuming - but SO worth it in the end. 

This week has been all about the paint.  We decided on Behr Ocean Abyss for the trim and cabinets.  We used oil-based paint on the cabinets and latex on the trim.



To remind you how the laundry room looked before, complete with sheetrock repair circa 2005








After lots of prep work, we were ready to paint.  And paint.  And paint.  Three coats on the trim and two on the cabinets later


 







Y'all, I cannot tell you how much I love this color and how amazing it looks in here.  I mean, it's a hot mess right now, but I can see how it will be in the future and it makes me want to squeal.  I was SO worried about the cabinets looking super country with that arch, but they look chic painted.  And, bonus, I think that Mama is loving the painted cabinets.  She even started talking colors "if" we were to paint her kitchen cabinets, something she would not even consider in years past.  That is huge, let me tell you, true progress.  Or it could have just been the Moscow mules we drank. 

Until next week, folks.  Be sure to visit all of the One Room Challenge Featured Designers and the other ORC Guest Participants

Thanks,
Kimber


2 comments:

  1. The colors are so pretty! Good job this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bold color you chose Kimber! I know this room will be smashing!

    ReplyDelete