Wednesday, October 4, 2017

One Room Challenge - Laundry Room Redo - Week One

Hello and Welcome!  If you are new around here, my name is Kimber - I'm a southern gal from Mobile, Alabama and I love football, colorful interiors, and my dogs.  My kids are pretty great too.

I am excited, and a bit petrified, to be participating in Linda's One Room Challenge as a Guest Participant.  This will be my fourth (!!!) ORC, but the first where I am not doing a room in my own home.  You can see my bedroom makeover here, my laundry room makeover here, and my master bathroom makeover here.

For this ORC, I have decided to force help my mama makeover her laundry room.  She is blessed to have a laundry room that is really large, has lots of light, new floors, granite counters, and a utility sink.  What's there to makeover, right?  Oh, just you wait.

My parents built their home in 2000 and the laundry room has not been touched since then.

Mauve paint (because Mama's cullahs were Blush and Bashful)?  Check. 



Oak cabinets?  Check.



See that pig in the upper left corner?  I made that when I was in HS - 22 years ago.

Itty bitty cabinets above the washer and dryer that serve absolutely no purpose but my mama is bound and determined to keep?  Check.
 


Hurricane Katrina damage?  Check.  Wait, what?  Yes, as in that Hurricane Katrina - the one that hit in August of 2005!




As you can see, there's a lot of work to do.  And no, that bright green paint will not be staying.  Here's the plan, so far:

  • Paint cabinets, walls, ceiling, trim, and anything else I see fit
  • Replace pulls
  • Replace light fixture
  • Replace clothes hanging bar
  • Sneak and remove the cabinets above the washer and dryer
  • Upholster sewing chair
  • Make window treatments
  • Find a fabulous rug
  • Convince Mama to spend big $$$ on wallpaper
  • All the other pretty things I'm sure I am forgetting
 Be sure to come back next week to see what I have up my sleeve.  Also, please be sure to support all of the ORC Featured Designers and ORC Guest Participants at Calling it Home.

Thank you,
Kimber

2 comments:

  1. Having a beautiful and functional laundry room....ah, that is such a dream. I will live vicariously! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is going to be SO FUN to follow!!!! And what's wrong with blush and bashful?!!?

    -Stephanie

    ReplyDelete